Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Keep Going Home

My creative juices are flowing these days. I have SO many ideas and dreams. I watched the movie " Pursuit of Happyness" today. I never thought about the concept and reality of the actual Pursuit. So true, our fore fathers were right on. Another book that hit me hard was " I will not die an unlived life" by Dawna Markova. I feel that I am in pursuit of my purpose. So when I get these spurts...I go with it. I am trying to be in the moment. Even though I live it, I know that there is a special lesson to be learned from my boys. Their unique circumstances mean something. What if other kids and families could benefit from this type of situation. Fairfax County is wonderful. Darren is in the Pre-School Autism Class and has benefited greatly. BUT what if there wasn't the " Trevor Factor"? Darren has the opportunity to be around a same age peer all the time. Major benefit when it comes to dealing with Autism. What if other kids could have the same chance??? The idea of developing such a thing has been inspiring me lately...some sort of school or before and after school center????

I am also a sports kinda gal. What options will I have for Darren? Trevor could possibly start sports next year...what about Darren's choices??? Darren on the sidelines just isn't gonna be enough for me and it shouldn't be for any parent with a special needs child. Why couldn't they learn to play sports at an early age like the rest? Could take A LOT of practice...but what doesn't? The thought of some camps...for the younger guys...REALLY excites me.

This is what I mean by coming home...I know what passions I can bring to the table. I love sports, music, and kids. I have learned how important these early years are for kids. Childhood is so important. It's what make us, shapes us, and grounds us in the future.

Any feedback on these ideas would be greatly appreciated....SERIOUSLY